Macao Central Securities Depository and Clearing Limited
To cope with the strategies of the Macao SAR Government to promote the development of bond market, the Monetary Authority of Macao set up the Macao Central Securities Depository and Clearing Limited (hereinafter referred to as “MCSD”) as its wholly-owned subsidiary in 2021. In December 2021, the MCSD officially launched its operations which include securities registration, clearing, settlement, depository and other related services.
Scope of Services
1) The establishment and management of participant accounts;
2) The custody and transfer of bonds;
3) The registration of bondholders and their rights and interests;
4) The clearing and delivery of funds;
5) The distribution of rights and interests and related corporate actions as entrusted by the bond issuers;
6) The provision of information to inquiries on bond registration and settlement.
In the future, the MCSD will launch new products and services according to market demands and the corporate development strategies, including but not limited to certificates of deposit, asset securitisation products, collateral management, etc. The MCSD strives to broaden the investor base and to increase the liquidity of the market.
- The Monetary Authority of Macao
Board of Directors
- Dr. Chan Sau San, Chairman
- Ms. Lei Ho Ian, Director
- Mr. Vong Lap Fong, Director
- Ms. Lau Hang Kun, Director
- Mr. Wu Jianfeng, Director
- Mr. Ho Chi Hou, Director
Last revision: 2022-05-20 18:07:52